Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Calling


I received a new callings a few weeks ago. I got called to be the Ward Choir Director! I cried. I LOVE Ward Choir. I would not consider myself musically talented, but I love music. I have basically been in a ward choir since I was 15. I love the power and peace that come with music. The song we are working on right now is Lead Kindly Light(#97). This is not a well known song in the LDS Music community, but I wish it was. I love the message it brings. Through all the bad things world and through all the mistakes that we make, our Heavenly Father is leading the way. We may not know all the answers, but we are willing to take it one step at a time as we rely on our faith in Jesus Christ.


I know this calling will be a very rewarding one. I also know it will be tough. I know I will learn a lot because I have a lot to learn!

2 comments:

Renée and Jaime said...

You should make your own custom stool to stand on while you direct the choir! lol...Now that would be hilarious!!!

Cheri said...

I love it when our ward choir sings in Sacrament Meeting. I'm looking forward to you sharing your talent with us!! Best wishes!!