Seasons Greetings Family & Friends
It is hard to believe that another year has flown by. It has been nearly a year since Kristen and I moved from warm and sunny California to cold and windy Oklahoma, and I would say we have adjusted well. Kristen is diligently pushing through school on her way to her degree in Accounting, as well as working full-time as a Senior Financial Assistant for the university's Physical Plant. She absolutely loves her job and the people that she works with. Along with school and work, Kristen stays busy working with the Young Women at church and is an avid participant in our newly formed book club. As for me, I am still taking classes and on my way to applying to nursing school while working full-time as a commercial delivery driver for a local lumberyard. In my spare time I enjoy joining the ranks of the Second Colorado, a local Civil War Re-enacting unit. It is an awesome experience to live, to dress, and to fight the way that they would have during those times. Kristen recently attended her first event and really enjoyed herself. We danced, dressed up, and while I froze in a period style tent, Kristen slept in a warm and cozy hotel room! I also have joined a local semi-pro football team and have earned the positions of starting offensive tackle and defensive end for the Stillwater Outlaws. Kristen is torn on the subject; she does not want me hurt, but she is ready to cheer me on as I battle it out on the gridiron. I love her so much for her understanding my need and want to play. We hope you find love and peace this holiday season. We love and miss you all.
Love, The Kennedy's
5 comments:
Hey - I found your blog! Merry Christmas to you too. Sounds like you two have been busy - but a good kind of busy. See you at the next book club meeting.
Wow you guys have a crazy life. It sounds very fulfilling. I'm glad all is going well for you and way to go on the ASL at church.
lol..thats all
Cute message and I LOVE that picture! Incredible! How neat that you guys got to go together and dress up. I'm glad Kristen got to stay warm though! And hey- you are in the book club too! I know you are dying to ready this next one!!
That picture is sooo Jason. We started a blog check us out at : reneeandjaimelopez.blogspot.com
Post a Comment