Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

This is my niece, Madilyn. She played Mary. As a kid, we had a tradition of acting out the nativity story. It was so much fun to see these little kids do it this year and it brought back lots of memories.


This is my nephew, Andrew, as a wise men. This Christmas was very special to me. I reflected back on my childhood and realized what a brat it was when it came to being greedy at Christmas. My parents did not put up with it, but I feel so bad. Sorry Mom and Dad. I am 23 years old and for all 23 years of my life I have known what the true meaning of Christmas is, but this year I felt it. I cannot put into words the emotions that I felt. Jason and I are college students (and are very grateful to have jobs in this economy) living paycheck to paycheck, but I truly felt the joy this year of giving. Over 2000 years ago, our Heavenly Father gave His son to us. I am grateful for the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I hope that what little we were able to give is sufficient in the eyes of my Lord and Savior. Hope the holidays found all of you well.

No comments: