Monday, January 26, 2009

Some random facts about me

Because we live a boring life (or maybe just a busy boring life) and have nothing to post, I thought I would share some random facts about ME!

  1. My first real job was at Subway
  2. I HATE cooked fruit, therefore I am not a fan of pie.*However, I do love my mom's apple crisp-one can of apple pie filling, one yellow cake mix, and one stick of butter (sliced). Layer everything in a 9x13. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until butter is melted and top is golden. YUM.
  3. I do not even like chocolate pies, etc.
  4. The only pie that I have always been able to stand is Key Lime, but I do not eat the crust. It has no flavor and is dry and bland.
  5. I only came to appreciate pumpkin pie in during the holidays in 2007.
  6. I would like to say I am organized, but many would laugh. I am organized at certain things, but a complete mess at some others (come look at my house right now-my living room and kitchen were pretty much clean on Saturday, but now...)
  7. I have been skydiving and would do it again in a heartbeat, but I think my days are done.
  8. I was a nanny for 4 amazing girls for over 2 years
  9. I have been to 4 colleges/universities
  10. I love to read, but I am extremely slow. In 7th grade I took a standardized tests and scored very low in my reading comp section. In 8th grade I was pulled from PE twice a week to go to a reading workshop class. By the end of 8th grade, I asked to test out of it because I did not want to look stupid and still be in it in high school. My teacher had me read out loud to her. I get very nervous when I read out loud. She could tell I was struggling. She stopped me a few minutes into my reading and asked me what my GPA was. I told her 4.0. She told me that I might be a slow reader, but I do not let it affect my grades and my desire to succeed. She allowed me to advance from the class.
  11. I have 3 sisters
  12. I went para sailing in Hawaii and I really want to go para sailing again.
  13. I love roller coasters. I grew up on Knott's Berry Farm (an amusement park in southern California). I remember the day when I was FINALLY tall enough to ride the BIG rides.
  14. My favorite workout is the stairs. I found my love for the stairs in high school. Starting in 10th grade I took an aerobics class with a wonderful lady, Ms. Martin, who meant business. If you did not come to her class prepared to sweat, breath hard, raise those arms, kick those legs, you had to get out. Well anyway, about once every two weeks she would have us run the bleachers. I absolutely loved the workout. Everyone else seemed to complain.
  15. I love to learn (but right now I cannot focus on my homework)
  16. My favorite restaurant is Tio Leo's in California
  17. Height: 5 nothing
  18. I have one food allergy: Smarties. yep, that is what I said. Weird, huh?
  19. I prefer desktops to laptops (I think it comes with the accounting major)
  20. I still have not meet 2 of my husbands siblings
  21. I am finally going to meet the rest of his siblings when Jason and I do a 2 weeks trip this summer from coast to coast. We will be in California the last week of May (maybe I could go para sailing for my birthday. Someone might have to drop the hint to Jason). Then we will fly to the DC area for Jason's youngest sister's graduation.
  22. I pole vaulted in high school (I was not good, but boy, did I have fun!)
  23. I cannot stand contention (okay, so I am sure a lot of people cannot stand it)
  24. My funnest job ever: working with develop mentally disabled people.
  25. I have a wonderful husband who makes me happy. I tell him I want to do something, he goes along with it even if he is not too excited about it. Usually in the end, he is happy we did it. He works hard for us out in the COLD. He is so caring towards others. Today we had a winter storm with the roads iced over. I got sent home at 2. When Jason came home, he bought enough ice and sand for our driveway and our neighbor's. He then went out and took care of the driveways so we would not slip. Jason, I love you so much. Thanks for all that you do and all the smiles that you put on my face.

3 comments:

Renée and Jaime said...

I can vouch for you Kristen with the Smarties allergy. You say that it makes your throught tickle and itch. I can't wait to see you guys in May and for your 24th birthday!!!

Melissa said...

Wow those are some nice random facts- I bet you can come up with even more being stuck in the house like today! I can't believe you don't like pie- wow. But it is probably better since they are all so fatty--right!??! Have you seen the movie waitress? It is an uber-chick flick and she makes these pies all through it- it makes me hungry for them every time. I like to run stairs too- there is nothing like wooshing down them. And way to have a great husband who can clear you and your neighbors driveways. Thanks for the fun post!

Shane and Alissa said...

No pie?? No wonder you stay so thin. Jason sounds like a really great guy and I am happy you found someone like him, you deserve it.