Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What is Age?

What is age? Is it just a number? Does it represent your seniority or minority compared to another? Who knows?




But what I do know is that today is a special someone's birthday! Jason turns 27 today. He and I have a different outlook on birthdays. He gets so excited for the day to come. He talks a lot about his birthday. To me, a birthday is for celebrating, but I do not count down until it happens. I know when I was younger I would do this. Get so excited for the day to come. I could not wait until I turned 8 so I could get baptized. I could not wait until I turned 12 so I could go to Young Women's and Girls Camp and do all the fun things I saw my older sisters doing plus get my ears pierced and be able to wear lipstick. At 13, I could wear blush. When I turned 14, I could go to dances and wear all make-up. When I turned 16, I could drive and date. Not to my liking, but the only dating I typically did was joining my parents for their dates. I was so upset as a teenager that no one wanted to date me. "What is wrong with me?" I would often think. Looking back, I am so over the not-dating-thing-in-high-school. I am glad that my parents included me in their special weekly time. I really enjoyed going out with them. I also did a lot of baby-sitting on Friday and Saturday nights when I was 16/17.

Then I could not wait to turn 18 because I would be an adult! I was also so ready to get out of high school. I dislike my last year. Yes, there were lots of fun memories, but if I had know that I could have graduated early, I would have. Then I could not wait to turn 20 because I would be 11 days away from getting married! That is really the last age I waited for. Who cares about turning 21 because we do not drink.

I was talking with a coworker and telling her that today is Jason's birthday. She asked how old he was and I told her. She asked me my age and I had to sit and think about it for a second! Is it horrible that I am 23, turning 24 in May, and I cannot remember my age?!

I look forward to growing old with Jason. Happy Birthday Handsome!



I have been such a slacker lately with blogging. I do have some pictures to post and things to say. Give me to the weekend and I will fill you in. I will let you know how Jason's birthday went and the things I have in store for him.

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! 27 is not so bad.

Melissa said...

Cute cute post- I'm still one year older! But probably not wiser! You guys are so cute! I love when you can't remember how old you are :)

Shane and Alissa said...

I feel the same way. Now I look forward for my kids. 18 mo nursery 3 yrs preschool.