Jason 'surprised' me with a Valentine's getaway. The reason I say 'surprise' is because he ended up telling me because he was afraid he might forget to pack something for me. I kind of suspected something was up anyways. The Friday before Valentines's day we had already planned to be in Tulsa.
He bought tickets to the Sleeping Beauty ballet performed at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center. We also stayed at a hotel right next door, The Crowne Plaza. We had a nice dinner at the hotel in their restaurant called "The Daily Grill." I was still in jeans and a t-shirt from the day. With a name like "The Daily Grill" I did not think twice about what I was wearing. Does a 4 course meal of Crab Cake, spring salad, prime rib, and Creme brulee seem like jeans and a t-shirt type of restaurant? No. The crab cake was the best thing of the entire meal. Jason said it was the best crab cake he has ever had.
We had a nice evening, but the fun could only last for so long. We had to head home early Saturday morning. On of these days, we will actually be able to take it some of the things Tulsa has to offer. We often go to Tulsa, but it seems we had never taken in the sites or even gone hiking in Tulsa. If I have my way (and the weather cooperates), we will hopefully be able to do something fun in Tulsa this Saturday morning.
Thanks honey for the wonderful evening, laughter, and memories.
Not the best picture, but the only one we got for our Valentine's.
1 comment:
thats sweet...glad yall had fun. Our valentines consisted of Delvin going to the old house to clean and move some things and Hunter and I napped! But Delvin got me a teddy bear and chocolates from the kids...but Hunter insisted the bear and the chocolates both were his! lol
Post a Comment