We went hiking the first afternoon. We probably only hiked 5 miles. After we went hiking, we discovered the park had shaved ice. It was the perfect treat for after a hike.
We then went back to camp and relaxed. We had hobo dinners and smores for dessert (you CANNOT go camping without smores). We read and played games until about 11 and then called it a night.
Jason bought this hammock in Guatamala over 10 years ago, and it was used for the first time. I wish we had some big shady trees in our backyard.
Originally on Saturday, we had planned to go on a long hike. Unfortunately, we were woken up at 4:30 by some loud drunks across the way. I had to go to the bathroom and we decided to walk the quarter of a mile to the restroom. I was in some flip flops that I have not worn in awhile. I ended up with a blister on my foot. When we got back from the bathroom, I went back to bed and Jason decided that since he was up, he would read. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I hear a woman moaning. I just passed it off since I wanted to go back to bed. When I wake up a few hours later, Jason says to me, "Not only do they wake us up early, then we have to hear them have sex!" Well, hopefully they had a license to do so.
We ended up just having a lazy morning. Jason cooked breakfast, we read, played games, packed up, and grabbed another shaved ice on the way out. We stopped in Tulsa and had a late lunch/early dinner at Red Robin.
This is just the beginning of our Memorial Day weekend. More posts to come with of course more crazy stories. You can usually count on a crazy story when I am involved.
2 comments:
Moaning?!?! People should at least put their mouths in a pillow if they cannot control themselves in a public campground. I would have said "I can hear you guys having sex! Calm it down over there."...only in Oklahoma! lol
Fun camping! Minus the strange neighbors. That is awesome that they have shaved ice around- such a good idea. You look amazing!!! Wow- you are in great shape!
Post a Comment