Friday, June 26, 2009

My 24th Birthday

I apologize in advance for the tiny pictures on this post. While in California I celebrated my 24th birthday. My parents took Jason and I out to breakfast. The original plan was to have my siblings drive down and go to the beach. Well, let's just say that the weather was not in our favor a few times on our trip. It was raining. I come to beautiful California and it rains on my birthday. Obviously we did not go to the beach, but I had a very nice and relaxful birthday. My siblings and their families showed up, and we played games for a few hours. We then went to my ultimate favorite restaurant, Tio Leo's. I received some flan for my birthday. I do not believe that I have ever tried flan before, but it is so good. We then went back to my parent's home for MORE GAMES! I had a blast playing games frequently during our vacation. Speaking of games, while visiting with Jason's family, my mother-in-law and I played a kid's game with my nephew that I think is really fun. It is by Cranium, and it's called "Balloon Lagoon."

While on vacation I was also able to read two books. One book that I read was Escape. It was really good. It was really sad to see what happened to Carolyn throughout her life. She was born into the FLDS religion. This book talks about her life and how she eventually escaped from her polygamist husband and her religion.

I also read My Sister's Keeper. I am ready for the movie to come out.

On my birthday I went to the mall to get some great chocolate: See's. Nobody does it like See's.


Jason got me a purse, headbands, a book, jewelry, candy, and some other stuff.

I am having a hard time deciding what to get with my birthday money. I either want this

or this

or this.

3 comments:

Amy said...

That's a tough choice. At times I wish I had an IPOD of MP3 player, but I must say Wes and I LOVE our kitchen aide mixer. It does a good job at helping us make bread.

Renée and Jaime said...

You do like to bake!!! Maybe you should get the kitchen aid.

The McNeil Family said...

Happy belated birthday.