Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Youth Fireside/Dance

This last Saturday, we had an amazing tri-stake activity. It started off with a Fireside (a meeting with an inspiritional speaker) by our Oklahoma City Temple president. He was an amazing speaker. He has done so much in his lifetime. A comment that he said that inspired me the most was that when he was first married, he wanted to get done with school so he took 21 credit hours, worked full-time, had a family, and was a member of the bishopric (or maybe at that time he was Bishop or Stake President-he got called to be Stake President his last year of grad school). He said that while someone else might be able to accomplish something that took only 3 hours, it took him 8 hours. He said he made up with it by not sleeping. He said he was good to go with just a few hours of sleep a few times a week. Other than that, he stayed up all night. He said he showed no signs of sleep deprovation. He said this continued for about the next 30 years! Could you imagine surviving off of so little sleep each week for 30 years?! He is also two handshakes away from Joseph Smith. Since I shook his hand, I am three handshakes away from Joseph Smith. After the fireside, there was a dance. I had a blast.

In this picture are three leaders (myself included) and three of our Young Women.

I love dance song that have specific moves to go along with them that are easy to pick up like The Macarena, Electric Slide, Cotton Eyed Joe, etc. There was this lady there that knew the Thriller dance. It looked this some much fun. I was to learn that one (it looks a little complicated, but practice will bring it all together).

1 comment:

Shane and Alissa said...

You are still the same sweet person! I need to shake your hand so I can be 4 hand shakes away :)