Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Exams vs. Household Issues

Well, it seems that every time I have an exam I need to study for, something goes wrong. I posted in May about our stupid toilet that messed up my studying time to night before a final. Well, on Monday Jason call to tell me that the bed fell. The board that holds the support beams going across broke. Jason and I thought it would be an easy fix. We were wrong. Let's just say after several tries, we ended up pulling our mattress into the Living Room and went to bed. I, of course, had an exam on Tuesday (I do not think it went as well as the exam that I had last week which I got a 100% on. I am very proud of myself. Sorry) So if for some reason you stop by my house, do not be surprised to see a mattress taking up my living room floor because right now, fixing that bed is not on my priority list (hence on Jason's priority list). I have a ton of other stuff I need to do.

BUT on the other hand, this is what I came home to after a long day of work on Monday


I knew that I had a long night ahead of me (this was before dealing with the bed, so it turned out to be an even longer night), Jason was cooking dinner (which he usually does on Mondays and Tuesdays), but he also had the table set up with a tablecloth, placements, and glass goblets. He had bought Martinelli's, all just because. I was almost in tears when I saw it. It was very sweet of him. It made my evening. It was just what I needed. This meal was a 180 degrees from several weeks ago meals that he "made"-Eggos: just eggos, nothing else, and another meal of heating up some Smart Ones. He still "cooked" though, and I did not have to do anything. I love this man so much. He is a hard worker. He is the extra inches that I do not have, and he loves me (and shows it)!

3 comments:

thecurtiscouple said...

I guess we know the bed is being used well!? lol. Sorry Kristen. Ours broke to a while back. It was horrible.

Isnt that sweet when guys go the extra mile. Its simple things like that, that make everything better. I just appreciate it when I have to be out later in the day and get home to find Delvin cooking-or when he just jumps in and cooks when he sees I am just worn. Makes my day...GOod going to my cousin Jason-big props! Love and miss you guys! Oh and Kristen-too bad your not coming sunday.

The McNeil Family said...

What a sweet guy.. It is nice when they show you that they appreciate you.

Clarissa and Mark said...

aww..... That is so sweet!