Wednesday, February 11, 2009

46 Acupunctures, 22 Injections, 1 Exam, & 1 Shot in the Butt!

The above consisted of our day! I drove to Tulsa to get tested for allergies. They started off by putting 46 acupunctures of potential allergies in my forearms. I had to sit still with my arms out for 20 minutes. They then came back in, looked to see which ones reacted. I did not have a reaction to 21 of them so they had to do further tests on the 21 (plus a histamine) with an injection just under the skin on my upper arms. They did this because some allergies only show through with higher concentration. I then had to wait another 20 minutes. My whole appointment was over 2 1/2 hours. I found out I am allergic to cats, dogs, horses, some trees, some grasses, some weeds, some mold, and dust mites. I am considered a candidate for allergy shots. Do I want to start a 5 year process of shots? What will my insurance cover? Can you have these shots when you are pregnant? NO, I am not pregnant, but definitely within the next 5 years we hope to have at least one kidlet running around. I am not really worried about the whole shot process, but to me the real question is, "How much is this going to cost me?" That is the accountant in me.
I later drove home. I think all the testing made me tired. I had to pull over and get a Pepsi to wake me up. This was so hard for me to do because I did not want those calories. I have started Weight Watchers again and have 35 pounds to lose. On top of all this testing, I had an exam at 5:30.
Jason was not feeling well today so he stayed home and went to the doctor. He ended up having to get a shot in the butt for his illness (I took pictures today, but I must have left my camera adapter at work). Jason is off of work until Monday.

PS-Our hot water heater is working again. It was defective so we got a new one!

No comments: