Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dr. Laura

I grew up on Dr. Laura. For those of you who have not heard of her, she is a Marriage & Family Therapist that has her own radio talk show. She is not afraid to hurt feelings and says it like it is. I usually agree with what she has to say and the advice that she gives. Sometimes I do not agree, but she is a hoot! I have a membership to stream her show, commercials free. She is my work-out "music." Well, within the last two days I have listened to two calls that I believe I will never forget and laughed my head off! Use your discretion if young eyes are reading. Nothing bad, but some may not want young eyes to read.

Call #1: A woman calls in asking how she can get her 2-year-old to stop slapping her butt. Dr. Laura chuckled and asked why the child did this. The caller responded that he had probably picked it up from her husband. Dr. Laura told the mother that this was simple and that her husband had to do this. The next time the kid smacked her butt, the father was to pick the child up, look him straight in the eye and say, "This is my wife's butt. Only I can touch my wife's butt. When you get older and get married, you can touch your wife's butt. Do not touch my wife's butt."

Call #2 : A couple called in saying that they are having a hard time getting pregnant for the second time. The wife said that she is sick of trying. Dr. Laura told the wife to quit taking temperatures, using ovulating kits, etc. Just go back to love making and have fun with it. Stop trying. The husband, who originally seemed like he still wanted to try, said, "I am game for that" in a very "I am a typical man" voice and attitude. I just had to laugh with his closing comment of agreement. Once they had hung up, Dr. Laura said that she bet they would be pregnant within the next month or two.

No comments: