Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009


We started off our day by going on a 7 mile hike. It was very enjoyable. My sister and her family were out of town for two weeks. We were able to watch their dog, Bauer, while they were gone. He did amazing on the hike, and Jason loved having him around. *Side story* One evening I took him on a walk by myself. We were "followed" for two blocks. I was so nervous, and he was acting up also. He could tell something was not right and kept looking back at the car. This car was going the same speed as us for over two blocks. I just kept walking faster and faster. Bauer was very protective, and I knew that he was assessing the situation. Well, it turns out that is was some old lady wanting to know how to get to Highway 51. By the time I had figured this out, I was 100 yards in front of the vehicle, I saw the woman's shadow in her headlights, and I heard her ask "Where is Highway 51?" I did not respond. I was so worked up. My mind was not working properly. All I could think after that was, "Why would you follow someone at night for two blocks, going less than 5 miles an hour and then decide to ask for directions?!" It made no sense to me. *Back to Thanksgiving* After our hike, we went home and prepared dessert and got the ham in the oven for Thanksgiving. Our friends, the Sprinkle's, invited us over. Amy and I decided that we like ham better than turkey. Our Thanksgiving was turkeyless. It was a nice quiet evening with just us and their precious baby girl. Thanks Amy and Wes.

Jason and I did receive a turkey from our Bishop. I have never cooked a turkey better. After a few phone calls to my mom and some You Tube videos that were no help, we had a cooked turkey Saturday evening. It turned out very well. It really is not all that bad once you know what you are doing. Next year, I will not be so hesitant.

1 comment:

Renée and Jaime said...

Little Old Ladies probably can't process what they are doing. But in the meantime I can see why she freaked you out. I can't believe it took her 2 blocks to ask you for directions.