Yesterday started with me leaving the house at 6 to go to the gym. After climbing those stairs, showering, and getting dressed for the day, I went to work. During my lunch break I went home to do some cleaning. I started doing dishes and after 5 minutes of still having cold water, I knew something was up with our hot water heater. Here is the kicker: this water heater is less than 2 months old! Our water heater has the auto pilot light. It ignites itself when it needs to be lite, and turns itself off when it does not need to be on. It was off when I checked, but I did not want to manually light it just in case there was gas lingering. To make a long story short, one guy came out and had no idea what was wrong. A second guy came out and thought he knew what was wrong. He came back this morning to fix it, and it turned out to be something else. We will not have hot water until at least tomorrow. Fortunately, we have a great landlord who is great about taking care of things. Unfortunately, it seems like every month (and I am NOT kidding) something goes wrong with our duplex. We are sick of all the problems. We are ready to move. Our lease is up June 1st. Does anyone know of a place available?
So back to my crazy day, I had gone home on lunch to clean a bit. The dishes did not get done, but the kitchen got straightened and the living room cleaned. After work I had a meeting at 6. Then I ditched mutual last night to meet Jason for dinner (since we did not have hot water). Then I proceeded to the library to get some homework done. I finally got home at 10 pm. Jason went home after dinner and set up our NEW COMPUTER. Our laptop is three years old and is so slow. I was holding off for as long as possible to purchase something that big. My friend at work found me a ready good deal on a Dell. It is quite the beauty! I will have to take a picture and blog about it later.
On a happy note, my meeting yesterday for Young Women's went very well and we got a lot planned. We also at at a new restaurant in Stillwater that is VERY good, Louie's Bar & Grill on Main & 8th. Everything on the menu was less than $10.
Only one more day until the weekend. Yeah!
I Do Now
5 days ago
3 comments:
Halelujah sista!! I agree with you about the weekend coming, but we will be moving in the rain and I have a cold. I hope you get your water heater fixed soon. I can NEVER take a cold shower. See ya sis.
Hot water in February is a must! That totally stinks. I wish we had more places to eat here in St. George.
Yikes, what a day- that sounds like a huge one- no wonder you skipped out! If you guys want to buy a house you should buy the fosters house. We have the keys! It is a really great house and they are still trying to sell it. Maybe they will give you a good deal. Thanks for the tip on the new restaurant! I didn't even know it existed!
Post a Comment