
As usual, Hollywood has to change some things that just bug me. I will not give any details, but of course, they had to sexualize the movie. I am young (only 24), but I do not wish at all to go back to my high school years. I thought we had it bad. I just feel you all the youth out there today. Saving yourself for marriage is a wonderful thing, but unfortunately our world does not see it that way.

Other that so many things being sexualized now, the true meaning of this post is to vent about a few observations Jason and I made last night while at the theatre.
- Why cannot the movies start on time? Before, the previews would start right at the start time. Now at the start time, you are still watching commercials and all the other stupid stuff. Our movie was at 7:10. It finally started at 7:30.
- Why do people pay to go to the movies if they are going to text the entire time?
- Why do people go to the movies to leave and come back a million times?
- Why do people go to the movies to get out of their seat DURING a movie and go talk to someone in another row?
- Why do people talk during the entire movie? Last time I checked, the only people you wanted to hear talk were the actors and actresses.
I think I am almost to the point where I do not want to even go anymore. You would think with all these things I have listed above that the theatre was packed. IT WAS NOT! Anyways, now that I have vented, it was still a good movie and made me cry. I just know that when you go see a movie made from a book, you just have to go in with zero expectations.
4 comments:
So maybe just read the book and skip the movie? What do you think? I really wanted to see this movie but if there is a book...that is better...maybe i'll just read tha.
Kris! I totally agree...the book was incredible...and the ending of the book was soo much better...and the love story was completely taken out:( booo on the movie! in general i liked it...but I am the same way, i just don't expect much from movies from books anymore.
Well I agree, Delvin and I love our movie dates which are rare now, but people are so rude and obnoxious in the theatre. All you see is little lights everywhere from texting which is why Delvin and I sit closer to the front now. But I did like the movie. I hate how everything is sexualized now too, its like I cant believe that if a woman is naked that it could be rated pg or pg 13. Its like Im sorry but I wouldnt want my child watching that. I feel if there is any nudity or sexuality it should be rated r. But anyway. We liked the movie overall, Delvin and I both were crying and especially being parents...it was tough to watch. Ill have to check out the book. I am not a big reader so usually I have to see the movie to read the book!
I did it backwords... watched the movie before reading the book. But I loved the movie! It was a good cry. :)
We miss you guys! Please call and let's hook up next time your in town!
Post a Comment