Friday, July 31, 2009

I hate Yellow Jackets


While going to get the mail yesterday, I got stung by a yellow jacket. It hurt instantly. Now I was stung by a normal bee when I was about 8. I remember it hurting, but not that much (and as a kid, you tend to over analyze things). Yesterday the sting hurt for a long time. The redness of the sting area was about 2 inches in diameter.

I later was talking to my neighbor, and she asked if the yellow jacket's nest was still under our mailbox. I told her I had not even noticed it, and that I had gotten stung about an hour before. I told her I would have Jason take care of it.

As soon as Jason heard that we had a nest, he said he would take care of it when he got home. Jason came home from work, took off his work shoes, put on some other shoes, and went outside to make sure that his wife would not be stung again. I am so glad that I am married to a husband who is not one of those guys who gets afraid around bugs/spiders.

2 comments:

Renée and Jaime said...

We are dealing with black widows right now. It's so bad that I dreamt that a black widow was coming down towards me on her web while I was laying in bed and jumped up out of my bed and tried to find it with a flashlight and then realized I was dreaming before I jumped out of the bed.

PB and J said...

That is not fun! I hope you weren't in pain for too long.