Irony #1: So for those of you who have not seen me lately, I have put on some weight. I am finally starting to do something about that, but it is going too cold to wear capris, etc. that I fit into for warmer months. I could only fit into one pair of jeans (well, I could probably fit into a few others, but it would not be too pretty). The weight is coming off, but not fast enough. I had to go buy new pants. I went to Ross. I went to the first section of jeans that I came across. I piled up the cart with jeans one and two sizes bigger than what I had been wearing. I went to the fitting room and nothing fit. I was so disappointed. I know I am larger, but come on, two sizes bigger not fitting!!! I was about to leave the store, but then I got to thinking, "Those are junior jeans. What is the style right now for teens? Skinny jeans!!!" Come on people, there is a reason why people have to go up in size. I decided to then go look in the misses section. I grabbed a few pairs, again one and two sizes bigger than my current jeans. Finally, after trying on 15 pairs of jeans, I had luck. Were they the ones that were two sizes bigger? No. They were the ones that were only one size bigger, and they were a bit loose. I bought them and I love them. I had to break my normal shopping limit to buy them though. For those of you that do not know, I have a price limit for different articles of clothing. Because I shop at Ross so much and other places like that, I usually spend no more the $15 on jeans. I had to spend $20, but after trying on 15 pairs of jeans, I was just ready to get out of there.
Irony #2: I have been exercising from home lately to a Biggest Loser workout DVD (man, it is kicking my butt, or I am just extremely out of shape). It has a lot of side to side stuff, and my New Balances were not working for that. I needed to get some cross trainers. My last 3 or 4 pairs of workout shoes have been the same, okay maybe not the same model, but same brand and size. New Balance 6 1/2. That is my shoe. I went to Famous Footwear to buy some. They got me a 6 1/2, and I tried it on and it was too big!! The lady asked me if I had lost weight. I told her no, I have gained. So apparently, when I gain weight I have to go up in size in clothes, but my shoe size drops. Go figure!
1 comment:
Ross is one of my favorite places to go shopping. I have found some pretty nice clothes for not a lot of money.
Post a Comment