As of last Saturday, we had not plans for Thanksgiving. I got a call that day from a family in our ward, the Bayles', inviting us to their Thanksgiving that they do on Friday. We accepted the invitation. Then on Tuesday, another family from our ward, the Paustenbaugh's, found out we were not doing anything on Thursday and invited us to their home.
Jason and I had such an enjoyable weedkend. On Thurday, we slept in, watch movies, and finally started moving at 2:30. I quickly made Green Bean Casserole and got ready. We really enjoy the Paustenbaugh's and had such a great and relaxing evening with them. Our tummies were filled with lots of yummy food. They have a tradition of having a puzzle going. It was a lot of fun but a difficult one. On Friday, Jason had to work. It was so slow for him that I was able to bring him lunch. That morning, I ventured out to Wal-Mart at 7. My friend, Tiffany, got Jason and I going on Black Friday 2 years ago. I actually slept in this time. I was only going out for one item this year, a $25 Christmas tree. It was my best Black Friday yet (in the means of crowds). Our Wal-Mart just seems like any other normal busy time (ie 5 o'clock crowd). When I went to check out, their were 5 cashiers waiting to get people.
Later on that day, we went over to the Bayles'. There were many familiar faces there. The food was great and the company was enjoyable. Jason and I even hung around after everyone had let and we watched Ratatouille. Such a cute movie. Jason and I are grateful for many things. We hope this Thanksgiving found all of you well.
1 comment:
I'm glad you guys had so many invites! We didn't cook or we would have invited you too. I'm sad we couldn't go to the Bayles' it sounded like a great time. They are amazing people!
Post a Comment